The tragedy and the miracle worker (Part 1)
The day started well, I had to renew my driving license
which was already expired for 3 months and I didn't realize.
Good thing no policeman stopped me during that period.
Since I didn't have valid license I followed mom to the
office. She had a few things to do before she could take
me to renew my license.

As soon as she was done we went to the post office to
renew my license. It all went smooth i had an option of
renewing it for a term of 5 year which cost RM30 a year.
Since i didn't have any intention of being in Malaysia
two years from then. I renewed the license only for 2
years, paid RM60 and they printed a new license immediately.
I have to say it was the fastest transaction with the
government I’ve had in my life.

When I got back to the office before my dad sent me on
a chore. As I was driving to the place my dad
directed me to go, I called up my cousin to ask him if
there was futsal on that day as we planned earlier and I
confirmed with him that I’ll be going.

After work I headed back home and got ready for futsal.
The day was pretty normal for me but I had no idea what
was in store for me later that day. After everything was set
I drove down to the futsal court, and at 5 we started playing.
The teams looked pretty balanced at first especially with
Nickholas on my side, Nick has always been a good midfield
holder and with me running around all over the court I thought
it would be good enough.

The opponents though later I realized, had all runners.
A group of people who work tirelessly, and the only one
doing that in my team was me. Nickholas hasn’t got used
to the Malaysian weather yet since coming back from UK
and obviously has had too much ciggies back in UK. He
got tired fast and I had to push extra hard to keep things
close in score. I realized i’ve found my shooting power again
after a long absence without it. I was happy with my
performance but i couldn’t say the same with my team.

I ended up running up to attack and also running back
down doing the covering and blocking. Then after 45 mins
into the game came my turning point. The ball dropped free
right in between Chandra and me. I can see Chandra running
towards the ball winding up a huge strike on it, at the back
of my head I was thinking “The way he’s shaped he’s going to
balloon this shot” but nevertheless I didn’t want to take the
chance and decided to put my feet across the ball to block it.
Hoping he would realize there is no chance of him scoring this
and try a different way but I forgot, Chandra doesn’t really
think much when he’s playing football >.<

The full took a full winded shot on the ball together with my
Leg and in that moment I knew this was going to hurt.
Rightly so, the pain stung thru my nerves and fell holding my
ankle. I got up pretty fast as usual, because I always think
pain is just part of football and if you want to be good at it
you must not fear pain. I knew I couldn’t continue running
for at least a little while so I opted to play goal keeper till
I could move comfortably again. It never happened, after
a few minutes I knew the injury was serious but I just
didn’t know how serious just yet. To be continued....
0 Responses
  • Profile

    Profile
    Time to move ahead in life !! :D