Fantasies with sword and magic
Every since I was a little boy, I was never really a fan of books.
I was always the boy meddling with his building block making
everything from Aeroplanes to Windmills. When I went to my first
year in school, I saw a friend reading a kids story book with
pictures and story(King Author). I didn't read though, I just
flipped through the pages to see the pictures and make out the
story but the more i see the pictures the more I wanted to read it
so one day I borrowed the King Author and the Roundtable Knights
book from the library to read.

I read the first few pages it was really exiting, but something
just deflected my attention from it. This time it were the lone wolf
game books, I saw my friends playing it and writing down their
stats and battles, I was so intrigued. I wanted one of those books
so bad. One day when we passed by the book shop I persuaded my mom
to get me the book, mom thought it was some kinda story book or
something and would be good. I went back home and immediately
tried to make sense of the whole thing reading the instructions
and everything, i didn't get it lol.

The next day I went to school and asked my friend how to play and
he thought me. Since then my whole attention was on the game book
and i'll play the whole day long. It was the most fun I had at
that time. The game book made my interest in Medieval battle with
sword and magic flourish. After i was done with my book I exchanged
it with my friend's book and so on, ended up finishing quite a few books.
Then at one point there were no more game books, but by this
time I understood all these medeival stories and things. I found
my old unreturned King Author book LOL(yeah never returned it >.<)

I took my time to read that book and it was the best book I've
read, the honour, the skills, the magic, the knights and the weapons.
I loved it, so many of the things I created were named Excalibur
hahaha. Everything from a sword drawing to a hand craved ice cream
stick. From then on I never read any stories that didn't involve
magic and adventure and swords. Some of the other books I read were
a local folk lore called "Hang Tuah", Treasure Islands, Sinbad and a few
more(younger days).

Not only did I like the novels, when I got my computer, even games
were only those with sword and magic (except a few like X-Com).
I always wanted to be a knight or an adventurer saving the damsel
in distress hahaha. After years and years of Swords and Magic, I
found the best book ever written, The Lord of the Rings!! This was
what my whole life of reading swords and magic was meant for LOL.
The best book ever, I became a fanatic and soon after the movies
were released. Most fantastic movies ever made, I wished I was
one of the Riders of Rohan, the mounted warriors from the West
Fold.

Then after that it was Harry Potter, although it was not as good
as Lord of The Rings Harry Potter was full of adventure and magic.
I loved these books too and I read all of them. How I wished life
could be all about training with swords and magic, protecting your
kingdom/family/friends from harm, saving a beautiful maiden and
make her fall in love with you and live happily ever after haha.
If only life was as interesting, this is one of the reasons why
MMORPG attracted me, it was an alternate life where you can really
become a Legend, a warrior people respect and enemies fear.

Honour and Courage has been me all my life and
i'll never change it.

That's it for my episode 2. More to come soon, peace out guys ^_^

PS: Riders of Rohan Music...I love the part from 2:25 - 3:20 have
a listen ^^
1 Response
  1. Kana-chan Says:

    I totally understand the fascination with sword and magic! I used to love drawing armor (rather than dresses :P) in the medieval era too. I enjoy imagining and designing technologically advanced artillery, machinery and military aircraft. Swords are really cool too, but you know I've always been a gun loving girl. ;)

    It's not exactly sword and magic, but super powers (similar to magic), aircraft, and robots were my thing. I can definitely relate with the whole "wanting to be a hero" thing though! It's kind of hard to accept the role of being a defenseless maiden, but you certainly have been the perfect knight to me in times of distress...hahaha. :D


  • Profile

    Profile
    Time to move ahead in life !! :D