Passion and Fascinations of My Life
Boredom is a feeling when you're not interested in anything that is around you or the lack of activity surrounding them. So now, how do you get rid of boredom? You find an activity that would keep you interested in, in other words "hobbies". There is a dangerous thing about hobbies though. People tend to take hobbies too far and forget the things that were important before they got bored.

It is essential that the hobby that you choose has some element of usefulness because, even if the hobby gets out of hand and become a lifestyle it will bear fruit and you can live on it. Did all those people that changed the lifestyle of men have hobbies?

Lets think of Einstien, what was his hobby? The only record of a hobby he had was when he was still a boy, he played the violin. Now playing the violin is a good hobby because if it had become his lifestyle, it could still be his bread and butter being a musician. To me I think Einstien's biggest hobby was to prove his theories, his biggest hobby was thinking. This hobby he had let him to great discoveries such as "special theory of relativity", "principle of relativity", "relativistic cosmology", "capillary action", "critical opalescence" and many more that changed the live we live today.

In other words, i think the best hobby you can have is a hobby you can spend your whole life doing. This may start with boredom or it may start with passion, but either way i think this is an essential part of life that we have to find out by ourselves. Although not many of us get the chance of doing what we like, we should try to get there at least.

I've had passion for a few things, i have a passion to make things tick together (more mechanical), I have the fascination towards things that fly (planes and choppers), i have the passion in football and i have the fascination on how to make good stories. Among all these passions and fascination there are a few i didn't get a chance to pursue but I'm not sad because I'm still in a field i can make things tick together (Information Technology namely programming) and i still play my favorite sport (Football)

The only worry I have is, are these passions strong enough to carry me all the way without getting bored and finding a new passion that would not bring me any good and ruin what I already have. I have gotten into one once and I'm glad I saw the light and escaped (MMORPGs).

Well i hope all of you would find things that you have passion in life and live through it without wasting the precious life we have on insignificant things. Hobbies should remain as hobbies for while you're bored and not let the main interest in your life be ruined. Ciao ^_^
0 Responses
  • Profile

    Profile
    Time to move ahead in life !! :D